Preventing & Reversing Alzheimer’s Dementia
The Bredesen Protocol – ReCODE, PreCODE, Cognoscopy
I chose to work in this field because it sort of chose me – my father in-law died of Alzheimer’s Dementia (AZD), well really the complications of AZD and ever since I have been working towards ways to literally prevent or reverse this awful disease.
When Dr Dale Bredesen publish his 2014 paper I finally saw a complete program that incorporated all the individual treatments talked about in the literature. Better yet Dr Bredesen explained the science of why they would work and why alone, unless you got lucky, a single treatment approach would NOT work.
Putting the Pieces of the Bredesen Protocol Together
It is not easy, although many parts are reasonably simple, other parts get tricky and complicated, and that is why you will probably need a practitioner trained in the Bredesen Protocol to put all the pieces together for you.
- Investigate – using standard and functional pathology.
- Treat the dysfunction, imbalance or deficiencies.
- Build and repair the neural connections and networks.
Your Foundations for the Bredesen Protocol
Your foundations for treating cognitive decline are lifestyle and dietary approaches.
These changes change you, they change how your genes function, your biochemistry, your physiology and ultimately your cognition changes.
They are subtle yet very powerful:
- You need to sleep – quality sleep.
- You need to exercise – aerobic and resistance (weights), low intensity and the harder stuff.
- You need to change your diet – may be paleo to start with, ketogenic is recommended but always wholefoods, nutritious, nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory.
- You need to Manage Stress – breath work, meditation, walking in nature, kundalini yoga, prayer, tech such as HeartMath and apps such as Headspace and Calm. It is a bit more than stress management as these techniques change how your nervous system functions, gives it balance and is connected to balancing all the physiological systems, organs and functions that take place in the body.
- You need to train or stimulate the brain – it causes the brain to make new synaptic connections and pathways and nerve cells to give you back what you might have lost or strengthen what you still have.
That’s it – Simple? Lots of changes?
Please book in for a short chat if you need, using the Book Online tab above in the menu.
Below you can look at more of the detail of what we can do to reverse or prevent cognitive decline.
Bredesen Protocol Troubleshooting Checklist
Download below for Free!
Reversing Cognitive Decline
"Everyone knows a...
Is it really possible...
Dr Dale Bredesen is showing us how his current scientific research is reversing of Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia.
You have access to one of only two Bredesen Protocol trained practitioners here in Adelaide to start you on your journey to health.
with the Bredesen Protocol
Stop Alzheimer’s Dementia!
Dr Bredesen calls it a ‘Cognoscopy’ a bit like a colonoscopy that you get when you turn over 50 that checks for colorectal cancer. A cognoscopy starts to evaluate all the potential contributors and risk factors that are associated with cognitive decline specifically for Alzheimer’s Dementia.
The reality these risks are also significant for improving most brain function and optimising health too!
with the Bredesen Protocol
Save Your Brain!
Dr Dale Bredesen says you can and as early as 2014 published his first cases showing a reversal of cognitive decline in 9 out of 10 of his cases (Bredesen, 2014). Dale has since published 2 other papers following up on these earlier cases and also including 100 new cases studies also showing improvements – ‘reversal’ in their cognitive abilities (Bredesen, 2016; Bredesen et al 2018).